Our team is involved in establishing the requirements for UK’s next generation of military satellite system and developing an open and flexible system architecture that brings together cutting-edge technology and innovation from the military and commercial satellite communications sectors. Our team are also applying industry best practice to create responsive and agile satellite operations to support our military customers in the most challenging of environments.
We are expanding our team and are seeking a Senior Satellite Communications Systems Consultant to assist the requirements development, architectural design and modelling of satellite networks and of supported communications services.
• Develop, manage and maintain satellite system requirements
• Carry out requirement decomposition, modelling and trade-off analysis to establish requirements for satellites networks based, on end user needs
• Develop system and service architectures for next generation satellite networks, including model-based systems engineering
• Use industry best practice frameworks to guide service operations and integration within the wider enterprise
• Develop and maintain link budgets using basic and more advanced model-based techniques
• Undertake top-level capacity design and performance analysis of satellite communications networks and related communications services
• Contribute to the high-level system design of satellite network constellations including GEO, MEO and LEO satellites • Simulation of satellite communications networks in support of the above
• Ensure network design adherence to appropriate standards and ITU regulations
• Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with e2E Satcom’s customers and partners
• Undertake other appropriate duties as directed by e2E’s authorised managers
Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
Skills, Character and Experience
• Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused Systems Engineering team
• Track record of taking full responsibility for the delivery of critical system components
• Evidence of being able to develop innovative and efficient solutions to defined problems whilst working within tight timescale and budgetary constraints
• Proven ability to produce clear, concise and unambiguous documentation confirming to applicable technical and quality standards
• Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients • Ability to influence senior stakeholders and gain consensus to drive through change. Essential
• UK national (due to potential sensitivity of work to be undertaken)
• Security Cleared
• Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
• >10 years of experience of Systems Engineering of satellite communications networks
• Ability to establish network capacity and high-level architectural network requirements based on user needs
• Simulation and modelling of satellite networks in support of the above (including both space and ground parts of the network)
• Good understanding and experience of satellite communications network system design for LEO. MEO and GEO systems
• Experience of applying structured Systems Engineering approach to complex Satellite Systems programmes, including full understanding of through-life Assurance and Acceptance activities.
• Knowledge of the resource planning and delivery of communications services over satellite networks.
• Knowledge of the operating framework used by satellite communications / telecoms operators for service delivery (e.g. eTOM).
• Experience in design and assessing software, firmware and hardware solutions within an overall system design.
• Experience and knowledge of security architecture design principles and their application to system design.
• Chartered Engineer or equivalent
• Experience of military satellite communications networks operating in stressed environments
• Experience and knowledge of Software Defined Radio, Digital Satellite Payloads and communications devices
• Experience with Network and Service Management technologies and developing SLAs
• Business development, procurement and commercial experience