TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
TERMS APPLICABLE TO BOTH REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED USERS
Information about us
Copernical.com is a site operated by the company Professional Networks Inc. ("PNI" or "We"). PNI is registered in British Virgin Islands under company number 1630449 and has its registered office at 3rd Floor Omar Hodge Building, Wickams Cay I, P.O. Box 362, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands.
Accessing our services
Access to our services is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our services without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
We restrict access to some parts of our services to users who have registered with us.
Use of content
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our services. We or our users are (subject to the following paragraph) the owner or the licensee of any Content made available on or through our services. By “Content” we mean any profile information, text, files, images, videos or any other content of any kind, whether originated by us, you or anyone else.
Our users are required to confirm that they are the owner or licensee of the intellectual property rights in any Content that they post on our services (User Content). We are not responsible for confirming that this is the case, and have no liability to you if any User Content infringes other people’s intellectual property rights or otherwise violates our acceptable use policy.
We grant you a revocable and personal licence to use our services and to access our Content and any User Content on it in accordance with these terms and with our acceptable use policy.
You may view, print off or download individual copies or extracts of Content (including User Content) for your own personal use. subject to the following conditions:
- You must not use any part of the Content for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- The documents and information may be used solely for personal, informational, internal, non-commercial purposes.
- The documents and information may not be modified or altered in any way.
- The documents and information on the Site may not be distributed.
- You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the documents and information.
- PNI reserves the right to revoke the authorization to view, download and print the documents and information available on this Site at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon written notice from PNI.
- The rights granted to you constitute a license and not a transfer of title.
Substantial copying of our or other users’ Content is not permitted. You must not collect our Content or other users' Content or profile information using scrapers, bots, spiders or other automated means.
The rights specified above to view, download and print the documents and information available on this Site are not applicable to the design or layout of this Site. Elements of this Site are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
Copyright – limited licence
The Materials and Services on this Site are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws and any unauthorized use of the Materials or Services at this Site may violate such laws. Except as expressly provided herein, PNI and its suppliers do not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secret information with respect to the Materials and Services.
Except as specifically permitted herein, no portion of the information or documents on this Site may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of PNI.
Reliance on content
Content (including User Content) is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user of our services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of the Content on our services.
Any of the Content on our services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such Content.
Behaviour of users
PNI may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review:
(i)Any areas on the Site where users transmit or post User Content, including but not limited to areas where Services are available, or chat rooms, bulletin boards or other user forums, and
(ii)The substance of any User Content.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, PNI will have no liability related to User Content arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. PNI also disclaims all liability with respect to the misuse, loss, modification, or unavailability of any User Content.
Our services change regularly
We aim to update our services regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our services, or withdraw them indefinitely.
Note: additional terms applicable to both registered and unregistered users are set out below.
TERMS APPLICABLE ONLY TO REGISTERED USERS
Eligibility for our services
If you register as a user on our services, you confirm that you meet our eligibility criteria, as follows:
- you are aged 18 years or over;
- you have a genuine involvement in, or connection with, the space industry; and
- you will register and maintain only one account on our services at any time.
User name and password
You are responsible for keeping your password, and any account security information, confidential. You must not disclose your password or security information to any third party. We have the right to suspend your account if we believe that you have failed to comply with these requirements.
Content provided by you
We do not claim any ownership rights in any Content you post on our services. “Content” includes any profile information, text, files, images, videos or any other content of any kind.
You agree that we can use, reproduce, modify, display and distribute your Content on and through our services (including any third-party infrastructure). This licence is non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable (except as set out in “Removal and Amendment of Content”, below), royalty-free, sub-licensable and worldwide, but only extends to what is reasonably necessary for us to provide, manage and promote our services.
By posting any Content, you confirm that the Content complies with our acceptable use policy, and that you have the right to grant the licences set out above.
Removal and amendment of content
We have the right to amend or delete any Content that we determine does not comply with our acceptable use policy or with these terms. However, we have no obligation to screen or monitor Content to ensure such compliance, and no obligation to amend or delete any non-compliant Content except as required by law.
We may also delete any Content that we are legally required to remove, or where failure to remove that Content may expose us to legal liability (for example, under “notice and take down” laws).
If you delete any Content, then your licence to us to use that Content will terminate, except that we may retain for a reasonable period any Content held on our back-up systems (without making it available to anyone else).
If you terminate your account, your profile information will be deleted and your licence to us to use it will terminate. However, other Content that you have posted on our services (for example, articles or forum posts) will generally remain available, and your licence to us to use it will continue.
Use of forums
In addition to these Terms and Conditions of Use, users of the Site forums must agree to a separate online legal agreement (User Content policy located here: “acceptable use policy” ) relating to prohibited communications.
ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO BOTH UNREGISTERED AND REGISTERED USERS
The material displayed on our services is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy or completeness.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude any and all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our services or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our services, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation, any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
However, nothing in these terms shall:
- prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property; or
- limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Linking to our services
You may link to any of our or other users’ Content that is publicly available on our services, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our (or our users’) reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our (or our users’) part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. You must not frame our services on any other site.
The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
Links from our services
Where our services contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them (see Warranties and disclaimers for more detail).
Termination and suspension
If you want to terminate your agreement with us, you can do so by closing your account on our services.
We may terminate our agreement with you in any of the following circumstances:
- if we are required to do so by law; or
- if we withdraw the services.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, your use of our services, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
PNI makes no representation that the Services available on this Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Notification of copyright infringement
PNI will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on this Site or on sites linked to from this Site, please provide PNI with a Notice containing the following elements:
- a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is alleged to have been infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work or works that you claim have been infringed and identification of what material in such work(s) is claimed to be infringing and which you request to be removed or access to which is to be disabled;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the PNI site;
- information sufficient to permit PNI to contact you, such as your physical address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in your Notice in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you that the information in your Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
PNI should only be contacted if you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on this site or on sites linked to from this site.
The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on this Site are the property of PNI or other third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of PNI or such third party which may own the Marks.
- The name "Copernical" , the Copernical logo, the name "Professional Networks Inc". and the PNI logo are trademarks of PNI.