Privacy & Cookies Policy
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and giving you control over any information we hold about you. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Collection of personal information
When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as registering your resume, PNI may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. However if you elect to engage in these activities, PNI ask that you provide personal information. Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, then you will not be able to engage in that activity.
When you submit personal information to PNI on this site, you understand and agree that this information may be transferred across national boundaries and may be stored and processed world-wide in any of the countries in which PNI and its affiliates and subsidiaries maintain offices, including without limitation, North America and Europe. You also acknowledge that in certain countries or with respect to certain activities, the collection, transferring, storage and processing of your information may be undertaken by trusted agents of PNI.
Most of the information we collect about you is information that you provide to us using the site. This includes your registration details, information on your profile, content that you submit to our site for sharing with other users (including contributions to our forums), and details of which users you are connected to.
We may retain copies or notes of any communications (including email and instant messaging) between us and you.
We may also collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
How your personal information is used
PNI collects your information in order to record and support your participation in PNI on-line services you select. The information that you provide is also used as part of our effort to keep you informed about employment opportunities, and other services or products of PNI and selected third parties.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide and manage our services to you and our other users through our site.
- To carry out our obligations and exercise our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your information to create user profiles for targeting of any advertisements on the site. However, these profiles will not include any information identifying you or any other user of the site, and we will not give third-party advertisers access to any of your information.
Your choices with respect to personal information
PNI recognizes and appreciates the importance of responsible use of information collected on this site. If you do not want the information you provide to PNI to be used to inform you of other opportunities, services and special offers available from PNI, and you indicate this preference when you provide your personal information to PNI, PNI will honour your preference.
PNI reserves the right to provide aggregate data to third parties for statistical analysis. Such aggregate data will not be linked to any particular individuals.
Sharing your personal details with third parties
Our dealings with your personal information are governed by this simple principle:
The data you provide is split into two parts: visible profile and hidden profile.
- Your visible profile is made of your resume and your site content contributions (forums, blogs, etc.). You make it available freely, knowing that it is visible. This includes your full real name.
- Your hidden profile is made of your personal contact details. It includes the following data: address, email address, phone, etc.
We will not disclose your hidden profile to a third party without your consent.
Without your consent, your hidden profile is only known to PNI and its affiliates and subsidiaries.
Information in your visible profile, or content that you submit to our site may be publicly available.
We will only disclose your hidden profile data we hold about you to third parties:
- If PNI or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of your personal information
The personal information that you provide in connection with registering yourself as a Site user is classified as Registration Information. Registration Information is protected in several ways. Access by you to your Registration Information is available through a password and unique ID. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. In addition, your Registration Information resides on a secure server that selected PNI personnel and contractors have access to via password.
Whenever you obtain an access to protected information with an ID and a password, it is your responsibility to keep this password secret. We will strive to protect your personal information, but because of the way information is transmitted over the Internet, we cannot guarantee its security.
When you visit www.copernical.com you can surf the site and access important information. In order to improve our site, we use "cookies" to track your visit. A cookie is small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a Web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card, recording your preferences if any. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
Our Web servers may log automatically the IP/Internet address of your computer.
The information we obtain through cookies or through logging the IP/Internet address of your computer does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided PNI with personal information.
- Session cookie : this cookie is used to help you navigate between the pages of the website. This cookie is essential for the site to operate fully.
- Google Analytics : these cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information includes the time of the current visit, whether you have been to the site before and what site referred you here. We use this information to estimate our audience size and usage pattern, so that we can improve our site by understanding how people use it. Click here for further information from Google on Google Analytics and your privacy. These cookies are currently named (_utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, but this may change at any time according to Google decision.
That list is not exhaustive and may change.
You can block or remove cookies using your browser settings. However, in some cases this may affect the functioning of our site.
Updating your personal information
Privacy related complaints
Please note that PNI is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of non-PNI Web sites to which www.copernical.com or any other PNI Web site may link.
Other collection and use of information
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For the purpose of Data Protection, the data controller is the company Professional Networks Inc. of address: 3rd Floor Omar Hodge Building, Wickams Cay I, P.O. Box 362, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands.