Job id: 854 - Quality Assurance Engineer
One of our Space Clients based in Germany are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to provide consultancy to the LEO QA Team which provides support to the LEO Division.
The deadline for applications is 25/05/17.
- Implement EUMETSAT QA policies in the assigned areas, in accordance with the Programme specific QA plan for all phases covered by this SoW and the relevant contract
- Update the Programme specific QA plan as necessary
- Follow-up the satellite procurement activities performed by ESA
- Provide QA consultancy during the storage phases of the satellites
- Follow up any repair activity necessary on instruments embarked on Metop-C satellite
- Support, monitor and witness (as requested) Satellite AIT activities regarding instruments
- Manage and support the Anomalies Review Board (ARB) and Material Review Board (MRB)
- Provide QA consultancy during the launch preparation activities (as requested)
- Participate to the launch campaign, if requested. The launch will take place in Centre Spatial Guyanais in Kourou, French Guyana.
- Provide consultancy to the definition of the QA procedures for the preparation of Phase C/D of the programmes
- Provide QA consultancy for the implementation of processes focussed in the area of the Ground Segment procurement
- Provide consultancy to the regular monitoring of established metrics on the main processes within Ground Segments
- Provide QA consultancy to the GS development activities
- Preparation and consultancy to the execution of project reviews process
- Provide consultancy to the QA requirements internal review process.
- Provide QA consultancy for the implementation of Configuration Management processes
- Provide consultancy to the LEO QA Manager for all Programme specific QA aspects and brief the LEO QA Manager on the main issues identified in the Programme specific meetings
The key person is required to have the experience and capability to fulfil the assigned tasks autonomously and without supervision, and a background of at least 5 years in space systems (space/ground segments) with at least 3 years of experience in project QA positions.
- Sound hands-on experience in QA processes definition, implementation, monitoring and control.
- Sound hands-on experience in risks management and lessons learned processes.
- Sound experience in a rational application of quality international standards (e.g. ISO and ECSS).
- Sound hands-on experience in managing, reporting and following of procured items
- Knowledge of project management and project planning, including the ability to identify and report on critical paths.
- Some knowledge of requirements management tools, e.g. DOORS.
- Ability to draft management reports and executive summaries in English.
- Sound hands-on experience of working on collaborative programmes between different partners.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good interpersonal skills, including mediation skills.
- Very good attitude to team working.
- Good English skills are essential.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using Copernical.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Copernical.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.